Follow by Email

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Some engine room work











Felt like a break from working with wood for a while so I did a little work in the engine room. I cut some lift-out panels in the deck plates so that we can access the keel cooler and other plumbing without pulling up the whole panel. I finished installing the overboard valves in the engine room and as soon as we get some warmer dryer weather (for the sealant to set up properly) we'll be installing the keel-cooler and depth transducers. That will pretty much seal up the boat below the waterline. Also did some engine work... installed the turbo and a few other accessories including the engine driven hydraulic pump that will drive the anchor winch and a few other things on deck. The hydraulic pump has an electro-magnetic clutch so you can engage and disengage it from the wheelhouse with the flip of a switch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment