Thursday, November 25, 2010
Felt like a break from working with wood for a while so I did a little work in the engine room. I cut some lift-out panels in the deck plates so that we can access the keel cooler and other plumbing without pulling up the whole panel. I finished installing the overboard valves in the engine room and as soon as we get some warmer dryer weather (for the sealant to set up properly) we'll be installing the keel-cooler and depth transducers. That will pretty much seal up the boat below the waterline. Also did some engine work... installed the turbo and a few other accessories including the engine driven hydraulic pump that will drive the anchor winch and a few other things on deck. The hydraulic pump has an electro-magnetic clutch so you can engage and disengage it from the wheelhouse with the flip of a switch.
Friday, November 12, 2010
On Saturday, Sam and I spent some time on the boat installing the tank hold downs. Then on Sunday,Sue and I fit up the plywood sub floor in the forward part of the main cabin. As in the rest of the boat, the framing under the floor forms the supports for all the various access hatches.
Monday, November 1, 2010
Installed the forward tanks (1 grey water, and 2 fresh water) and began work on the forward floor framing. As in the aft cabin, the tanks are 3/8' wall, roto-molded polyethylene from Plastic-Mart in Southern California. They sit in a "tray" built up out of 3/4" ply with a 2x3 frame that will lock the tank in place. The SS threaded rod at each corner of the frame is for hold downs.