Follow by Email

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Mast Rigging and Wiring

Had some good progress in the last few days, and a few setbacks.

On the plus side, we got the bulk of the welding completed. This included the final brackets and winch pads welded to the mast, and the completion of the down rigger pole strut brackets and pad eyes. Everything should bolt up nicely when we get the boat to Mare Island for the install:













I added a sail track upgrade from Tides Marine. It's basically just a UHMW sail track that slides over the existing standard 7/8 stainless sail track. The UHMW material is super slippery and they say it allows the sail to go up and down with fewer hang-ups and much less effort. Looks like it will work as advertised, though it will be a while before we have a sail to try it out on.





With the boom complete and the winches installed, I was able to do a test fit-up of all the rigging. Looks like all the leads are pretty good. I will add a couple of cleats once the mast is up.










While the rigging is all going well, the wiring has proved to be a challenge. I didn't really create big enough pathways for all the wire I need to pull for electronics, antennas, lights, etc. I've got quite a bit of the wiring pulled, but it hasn't been easy and I will probably end up running the radar cable external on the mast (or cut a new hole for it) to allow enough room in the existing wire chases for the final few electrical lines.



No comments:

Post a Comment