Follow by Email

Friday, February 14, 2014

Some loose ends

Finished up some loose ends over the last week. This included installing kick panels and modifying a couple of heater vents to fit under the cabinetry in the galley and aft head. In the aft cabin, there were a few little jobs to wrap up prior to starting on the finished floor install. One of the base cabinets had to be properly secured and screwed down in place, and there was a small section of sub floor that needed filling in near the aft starboard quarter. I also added the last bit of veneer finish to the bulkheads between the aft head and the aft cabin. The remaining exposed plywood in the aft cabin will be painted this spring when things warm up a bit and the days are a little longer. After considering lots of options for trimming out the three aft cabin deck hatches in a way that would work with the carpet in this area, I decided to trim them out in mahogany, the same as the rest of the boat. I ripped this trim to a height that will be equal to the underlayment plus the carpet. This should give us a level surface where the carpet transitions to the mahogany trim around the hatches. Kind of matches the rest of the boat too. With these little projects done, we'll be moving on to installing the underlayment and carpet in the aft cabin.


















No comments:

Post a Comment