Got side tracked this month getting our current boat cleaned up and ready to sell. Lots of time spent cleaning and moving stuff off the boat as well as ensuring all the equipment and machinery is running well. I can now say that the Seabird is in great shape and could head offshore tomorrow... We had a potential sale last week that unfortunately fell through, so we are still looking for a buyer. If you know anyone looking for an affordable, safe, ocean capable trawler, please let us know. Pictures can be viewed at: www.flickr.com/photos/pbelden
Back to the new boat... we have now installed most of the fwd bulkheads in preparation for doing the overhead wiring, panelling, and lighting. This will be done in the same way as the aft cabin. These bulkheads form the fwd day head to port, and the guest cabin to stbd. So far the layout we came up with is looking like it will work well and the dimensions seem usable. Also finished up some railings around the engine. These provide nice handholds in the engine room and will also support the header tank for the main engine keel cooler circuit. I fabricated the header tank from a piece of 4 by 7 steel box tube that I found. I'll weld this up when we do the final welding on the exhaust system.