Friday, August 27, 2010
Sue and I installed all the ports on the stbd side last Sunday. They are completely bedded in the same butyl rubber caulking tape that we used for the windows and doors. These ports are made by New Found Metals and are a great value and seem to be of very good quality. The outer trim ring is threaded for the bolts that thread in from the inside so there are no visible bolts on the outside of the port. This a nice feature aesthetically and also eliminates the potential of leaks around the bolts. The boat is really starting to look "finished" from the outside. Wish I could say the same about the inside, but we are making good progress there as well. We plan on doing the ports on the other side this weekend, then I'll be concentrating on getting the engine installed.