Monday, August 31, 2009
Spent the day with Sam at our "engine shop" putting together what will be our main engine for the boat. Sue and I picked up the gearbox in Oxnard, along with a water cooled exhaust manifold, turbo, marine bellhousing and flywheel, and some other odds and ends. I had stripped the engine down to the bare block last week. I also pulled the oil pan and timing cover, and gave everything the once over. All looked good, so today we started putting things back together. We replaced the front and rear main oil seals (just in case), new gaskets all around, and started prepping for a fresh coat of Cummins white engine paint to match the clean new gearbox.