Another good weekend. Beautiful weather in Vallejo... hatches open, sun shining in, and finishing more of the carpentry rough-in. Finished the stairs, which was made a little more tricky because the last step had to be built to be removable (to access emergency batteries if they ever need replacement) but strong enough to feel solid underfoot. Also finished the dinette bulkheads fore and aft, and the platform that the benches and table will be built on. Underneath will be storage, and one of the cabin heaters from the hydronic furnace for the galley/dinette zone of the heating system. We also spent one morning of hard labor removing hundreds of pounds of scrap wood and cutoffs from previous projects. The front of the boat had become a repository for all kinds of junk and building material cast offs. As our rough-in on the interior carpentry is extending towards the bow and stern sections of the boat, this stuff had to go. I think one more trip with the forklift and we will be cleared out enough to get the fwd cabin, bath, and forepeak storage compartment roughed in. The boat is feeling lighter already. I added a video here that goes with the anchor gear from a couple of weeks ago. This is loading the chain on the winch drum for the first time using the engine driven hydraulic pump. We were running the winch at dead slow to ensure that the chain loaded up correctly... the winch runs a lot faster than this when needed. Next few weeks are looking like more carpentry, with a few little electrical side projects. Then we tackle the plumbing install.